Friday, February 24, 2017

Let's WIN!

As I've contemplated the last year, I've gotten a little whiney about "the present." I lamented to one (or maybe more...) of my girlfriends: I need a win. A big win. A BIIIIIG WIN. A win that is so obvious and in your face that you cannot deny that that's exactly what is happening. A win that I wouldn't have to guess at. Not "Thank God I survived the day" kind of win. Not "I mustered the energy to prepare a can of soup instead of frozen pizza for dinner" kind of win. Not even "Look! A quarter in the parking lot!" kind of win. I was seeking a "this red 1966 Mustang convertible is all yours!" kind of win. Or a "own this gorgeous downtown condo for less than your rent!" kind of win. Or, maybe(?), "yup, you're 'the one', no doubts" kind of win.

And, of course, my thoughts led me to acknowledging that, indeed, I do have much to be thankful for. And I know this. I know this every single day, and I will never take it for granted. But, hot dang, sometimes you just need a really big WIN.

And then it hit me this past Monday when a good friend won $50 off of a tattoo in a drawing. I literally jumped up, screamed like a school girl(EEEEEE!!), and cried: "That's a WIN!!!" I was so stoked at this outcome, at this event that occurred that wasn't really mine at all, that I wondered if maybe I tweaked my perspective just a tad, each day might actually come out as a win if I added up all the little wins and tallied them against the losses. Cuz, let's face it: the losses are obvious and typically fairly large and/or frequent. And there will be days when the loss(es) just can't be conquered i.e. November 8, 2016, the day you find out you're dating a con man, the time(s) where you should have made a different choice, and probably all the days during your "sabbatical".

But, maybe, just maybe, I'm actually winning more than I'm losing. So, I need to take some data. I need to find out if this is actually true. Could it be that at the end of the day we actually win more often than not?

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Cuz! I am already obsessed with this train of thought and CANNOT wait to read more as you continue to reflect and post. LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool!! Can't wait to read about all of the upcoming WINS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cool!! Can't wait to read about all of the upcoming WINS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete